Saturday 8 March 2014

Daycare or SAHM?

Hey everyone... Id like to write a blog about daycare vs. being a stay at home mom.

I honestly don't know what I'm going to do with avah once i start work again in September... It's driving me crazy! I'm so insanely protective of her. It scares me that I might have to leave her in someone else's care while I work... I don't think I'm the only mom who experiences this though. But I've honestly started contemplating finding a way to stay longer with her... At least untill she can talk and tell me what's happening in daycare.

I've worked in daycare centres. Mommies let me be honest with you .. They aren't the nicest people to your children.. Some of them aren't nice at all.. I cannot tell you names because I signed a confidentiality form but I will tell you my experiences. 

DayCare #1.
This was by far the worst day care setting I've ever worked in. The staff is rude, they fight with eachother constantly, and they treat the kids horribly. I worked in the preschool room and they didn't really care what the kids did, sure they told the parents other wise but when it came down to it, the parents were being lied to. God forbid a parent express something they think isn't right.. All hell would break loose. I mean as a daycare worker I always always felt that I need to treat the children like my own! Cause one day like now, I have a child and I would want the same respect. They Aren't good with changing diapers, they force the children to eat food they don't enjoy, they have set feeding times, so if your child was hungry outside the feeding times, that was too bad they'd have to wait.. There was an autistic little boy, sweetest boy you'd ever meet, and he always wanted love an attention. Only one of the daycare workers would give him it, the other ones would always treat him like crap.. This broke my heart... I honestly do not understand why people would get I to a career they don't enjoy!!!! 

Daycare #2.
This daycare in my opinion was great. They took care of the children. The children had fun, and did so much stuff in one day! Now I was in one of the toddler rooms. They has about 7 different rooms in this day care center. I know quite a few people who have had a lot of problems with that day care... My room was great, but other rooms not so much.. They didn't change the children's diaper often, they used  children's diapers/creams&wipes for another child.. I'm sorry but that's very very wrong. If parents are paying for their child's diapers,creams and wipes they should be used on only that child! How fair is the fact that some parents buy pampers diapers worth 45$ a pack and others buying no name worth 10$? Not cool at all. 

So these were my experiences.. This is why I'm doubting where I place my child.. Oh and watching the news makes me doubt it even more since I hear of innocent babies dying in home day care centres daily..

Anybody have advice on this? I mean it's pretty impossible for myself to stay home from work for another year.. They should make maternity leave 2 years like Portugal does.. But whatever.


Thanks for reading :D


1 comment:

  1. i know exactly what you mean hun me and my husband both agree that we do not trust anyone to watch our daughter its a very tough decision in my case i am able to stay home at least until my daughter goes to school because my husband makes enough to support our family but i understand that in alot of other cases the parents just do not have that option and both have to work you can work part time like for example if ur hubby works until 4 5 pm u can start work 530 pm to 10 pm or even 11 and he can watch her in the evening i know cleaning jobs give u those hours like that its the best job but it would be ok just until ur daughter starts school if that would work with ur husbands schedule .

    ReplyDelete