Sunday 2 March 2014

Avahs Baptism

Hey everyone! 

Today I was super busy with avahs baptism!!!!! She's finally apart of gods community. 
Here's a brief summary cause I'm really tired...

We went to her Godmothers house in the morning cause portugese tradition is godmother gets the baby dressed... Avah hates getting dressed it takes me about 35 mintues everyday to change her in the mornings.. So the dress thing did not go well... She cried for about 1 hour and a half... My poor baby was so hot. But I didn't wanna take it off cause I wouldn't be able to get it back on after.

Her godmother bought her outfit, and her godfather bought her beautiful gold. Love  it. (Another portugese tradition)

Avah had fallen asleep on the way to the church!!! THANKFULLY!!! She woke up in a great mood. She started talking away during the ceremony.. Lol.. 

When she was getting the water put on her head, she didn't cry or freak out!!! After all she probably thought she was taking a bath. And she loves her baths!!! 

The priest who baptized Avah wasn't the one I had met. I found the ceremony 
really disorganized... We never knew what to do.. He just kinda expected us to know... Which sucked but oh well. 

After the church we had a small family gathering at a resturant. 

Avah was actually allowing her guests to hold her!! this is a shocker to me. She does not like leaving my hip, she's going through stranger anxiety. She starts crying like crazy when someone even tries to hold her.. But today she was okay for about an hour to let people hold her! YAY!!!

I had a really good time, there was soooooo much food! I'm still full!!!!!! And we had lots to take home!! Yay no cooking tomorrow for me:) haha. I also enjoyed and loved everyone who came out today! Thank you guys !!!!! 

I'm glad it's over! 

I'm also extremely happy that my daughter is now officially apart of the Catholic community .

Here's some pictures of today :D

This cake was made by avahs godmother and Tia !! Tasted soooo yummy !!!

My beautiful girl and I before she got baptized.

Mommy, Daddy and Avah after the ceremony :)


P.S : I write my blogs from my phone, and it's been brought to my attention that I have lots of spelling mistakes! It is my damn auto correct sorry about it! I'll try my best to fix it !!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment