Tuesday 25 February 2014

Controversial Parenting Topics

Hey everyone ! I'm going to be writing about controversial parenting topics! This is my own opinion and I really don't mean to offend anyone who reads this! It is not my intention at all! If you easily and quickly offended please do not read this... 

Bottle/Formula Feeding
I was bottle and formula fed, my daughter is as well.. Does this mean babies aren't healthy or growing at the rates they should be? No it does not. Formula has all the nutrition a baby really needs.. Breast is always claimed best. I totally get thatmkBut really speaking some mother physically can't breast feed! Some don't produce at all or enough, some stop due to the pain of breastfeeding (chapped nipples, Bleeding nipples, etc), some can't get their child to latch properly. I Just don't think mothers should be frowned upon or judged because of this... A baby being FED IS BEST! Doesn't matter if it's formula or breast feeding!

Purchasing Gender Specfic Items
So I think that boys and girls should be able to play with whatever they want! If a boy wants a doll, he should play with it! If a girl wants to play with toy cars , she should! Most people think that if a child likes the opposite genders toys that they will turn homosexual... Honestly, this is wrong.. Kids will become whatever they want, not depending on what they play with.. What if a little boy who plays house or with dolls becomes the greatest superhero dad ever? What if a girl who plays with cars becomes an awesome race car driver? I for one  loved playing sports, wearing boy clothes, hair tied all the time, I was pretty tom boy. It doesn't change who I am.. So if your children wanna play with something, let them. They might enjoy it they might not.. But it doesn't matter!! 

Crying it Out
I personally would never let my daughter "cry it out". I don't think this is an effective way of teaching your child anything, I'm not saying that every whimper should be responded to, but when they start crying crying they are communicating that something is bothering them!! Children need to be taught not let to cry! I read a picture once that said children who cry it out have stopped crying because they've lost all hope of anyone trying to help them... This made my heart break into pieces.. I couldn't stand my own child to ever feel that way! I feel that this is NOT something I would ever do with my children. But every parents has their own opinion and I don't judge anyone! If it works for you then go for it! 

Vaccinations vs No Vaccinations
I think vaccinations are made to protect our children from harmful diseases. I vaccinate my daughter... This I know is a huge debate topic amongst the mothers I follow on instgram... Vaccinations were made to protect our children, sure they suck, I completely get that! But don't you want your children to be protected against measles, chicken pox, and the other 100 things it covers? All I'm saying is if it was unsafe for babies to have, I don't think they would make them.. 

Abortion

Behold the inheritance of the Lord are children: the reward, the fruit of the womb. {Psalms 127:3}

I'm PROLIFE. I think every baby deserves a chance! A life is a life no matter what.. I once seen on a networking site someone post " at 7 weeks it's only a sack of cells it's not killing". I'm sorry but this hurts my heart terribly. It's a life right at conception! Many people may disagree with me and that's fine because as I said everyone has their own choices. I just think there are other ways! For instance, Adoption.. Do you know how many people crave to grow a baby inside their bodies and long to love one even if it didn't come from their own body...? LOTS! I mean why abort when you can give this sweet innocent soul to someone who'd be wiling to give it all the love and items that they need? If your excuse for an abortion is you weren't ready, they I don't think you should have been having sexual intercourse.. Cause your obviously not ready for that ethier. once again I AM NOT TRYING TO OFFEND ANYONE! This is just my personal opinion, and I also do not judge!!! I just personally WOULDNT DO IT MYSELF! 

Natural Birth vs. Pain Medication
First off if you had a natural birth, your literally a superhero! I mean it!! It's very very hard. Labor pain is the worst pain I've ever felt in my life.. I personally had no doubts I knew straight from beginning I was going to get an epidural. Many people say that this complicates your labor! It does no doubt, I probably wouldn't have ripped or been cut if I could actually feel I was pushing.. But the  thing where your baby is drugged... I don't believe that is true at all... My child came out screaming and yelling and very alert. Natural birth is better for you, but not everyone has a high pain tolerance. 

Circumcision vs No Circumcision 
This is big too. I mean for girls I don't think it should be done unless it's a religious thing.. But for boys it has a lot of benefits. Prevents infection that happens between the skin ( it's easier to keep clean), helps not develop and uti, reduces the chance of penile cancer. If I had a boy I would look into this a lot more before actually doing the procedure.

 And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations. This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised. {Genesis 17:9-10}


Cloth diapers vs Disposable
I personally would never do cloth diapers.. Sure it's cheaper and whatever.. But disposable are just as good.. I mean I barley have time to do things in a day with an infant, could you imagine having to add about 5 extra things ? This is definitely not for me. I mean people swear up and down that this is better and what not... But really diapers don't have nutrition or anything it's just soaking up poo and pee... 

Child harness and Leashes 
I know someone out there probably has a kid that runs, takes off, hides in racks at the stores. But I mean I just think leashes are mean... It's a child not an animal.. Holding the child's hand is just as effective.. Lol. Or put your child in a stroller or shopping cart.. I don't like the idea of these leashes and harness' they make children look like they belong in a zoo or cage.

Baby Piercing 
Okay. I for one think it's totally ok to pierce a child's ear. It's not "tagging". I've heard soooo many times I can't even count that getting your daughters ears done are considering tagging them... To each their own right.. But hey, it looks cute and it's gone on for years and years.. I guess I was tagged at 3 months old.. Totally Joking... 

Finding out gender of your Unborn baby
Why not? I mean we are living in 2014!! Now a days walk into a popular baby store and have a look around. You see a lot of blue a lot of pink but only a couple pieces of neutral... Now if your finding out the gender and terminating it, that is so very WRONG!!! You were given this beautiful innocent soul for a reason!!!! Do not be a selfish individual and terminate a pregnancy over this madness!!!

Toy Guns
Personally I don't think they should be played with unless they truly understand what a gun is... Like children play with them, not knowing that real guns actually end peoples lives... I mean hey, the more you refrain a child from doing something, the more they are going to wanna do it.. But guns are completely outta the question in my house hold! 

So I mean there are thousands of these topics and I could go on and on but, these are good for now. I hope no one is offended. These are just my opinions and beliefs. 

Thanks for reading !! 

2 comments:

  1. i completely agree with pretty much everything here i never let my daughter cry anything out from the time she was born until now 2 and a half years old i always comfort here right away and maybe this is why she really isnt going through what they say as the terrible twos throwing tantrums and crying she really never has thrown a tantrum yet cause when she is upset i comfort her right away she calm's down and no more crying no tantrum nothing the thing about gender appropriate toys i feel that it doesn't do much harm for girls to play with boy toys but actually in boys playing with girls toys its a bit risky only because i know a few gay men who as children there mothers pushed them to play with things like easy bake ovens and kitchen toys and they ended up being very feminine boys and as men turning gay , about formula i personally choose to bottle feed my daughter my personal opinion i find formula feed babies alot chubbier then breast feed babies i don't really know why but i have always found them to be skinnier but i know it definately is healthier for them . Diane Maciel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Diane,

      Yes i see the toys being issue for that, i mean i dont think it should be pushed on children at all!!! but if they want to play with it, why not right... it can add a little feminism to their lifestyle i guess. but if thier a homosexual, they are going to be a homosexual regardless what the play with :D

      Delete